Ms. Cash’s Recipes: Ice Cream in a Bag
If you’re having a party this summer, making homemade vanilla ice cream is the perfect way to “break the ice.” Ms. Cash, Lifeskills teacher and advisor of the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) club, suggests this recipe for making ice cream with just plastic Ziploc bag. “This is such a fun activity to do when you meet new people. We always make it for the first FCCLA meeting of every year, because everyone just feels silly together shaking the bags, and the end result is super yummy,” she said. Below are the instructions for making your very own ice cream treat.
What You Will Need:
- ½ Cup milk
- 6 Tbsp. Rock Salt
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Gallon and pint size Ziploc bags
- Fill Gallon Bag ½ way with ice and add rock salt.
- Place milk, vanilla and sugar in the pint size bag and seal the baggy TIGHTLY
- Place pint size baggy in gallon baggy and seal the gallon baggy TIGHTLY
- Mix the baggies until the mixture in the pint sized baggy reaches the desired consistency (About 5 minutes)
- Take the pint baggy out
*Cash Tip! If you don’t close the bags tightly, there will be ice cream everywhere. It’s a huge mess! Make sure you close the bags completely for optimal results!