Annual St. Xavier vs. Trinity game
Come see two rivals go head to head!
- Friday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m.
- Papa John’s stadium
- Anybody from any school can come!
St. James Court Art Show
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Historic Old Louisville
- Displays of hand-made art and paintings
- Could buy a piece of art if you would like to!
F.A.T. Friday Trolley Hop
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Frankfort, Story and Mellwood Avenue
- Free parking, transportation by trolley
- Entertainment and snacks
Evening fashion show
Come see the fashion show to raise money for charity!
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- 300 Spring St., Jeffersonville, Indiana
- Benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Admission: $15 for adults, $7 for kids 12 and under, and $10 for cancer survivors
- The show is also looking for models!
2011 Louisville Kidney Walk
Come to the Louisville Kidney Walk to raise money to help fight kidney problems throughout the world.
- Saturday, Oct. 1 at 1 p.m.
- Waterfront Park
This is a game played in a car with family or friends to find the exact mileage of a course directed by clues to two haunted houses. A $16.99 ticket includes free food at Dairy Queen, a free $10 gas card from Speedway, admission to the two “haunts,” and free vampire fangs.
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Includes prizes for winners
- Starts at the Lowe’s on Hurstbourne Parkway, Dixie Highway and Veterans Parkway
- Play the Danger Run online game here!
Domestic Violence Awareness Month activities
Activities will include door prizes, a silent auction, and activities for kids. There will also be a contest where men dress up in women’s clothes to compete for prizes to support the
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Shepherdsville City Park
Down Syndrome Walk
The money raised from the walk will go to the Life Long Learning Center, which offers educational comprehensive services.
- Saturday, Oct. 1
- Starts at 8:15 a.m.
- The Run for Down Syndrome starts at 9:45 a.m.
- Waterfront Park
Come to the annual GermanFest to eat lots of German cuisine and to hear German music throughout the festival.
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- 1420 E. Washington St.
Amber Shaw is a CMA Major, and she wants to go into a photojournalism field during High school. She plays volleyball for Manual High school, and is thinking about being a teacher or a photographer.